Meet the Team
Craig D. Doyle
Craig D. Doyle is the president of the Indianapolis law firm of Doyle & Foutty, P.C., where he practices in commercial civil litigation, particularly involving real estate matters. Mr. Doyle has represented numerous title insurance companies, banks and mortgage companies, real estate developers, and other business entities. He has beenthe primary litigation consultant for six title insurance companies covering the entire state of Indiana. He has authored numerous publications involving real estate matters, title insurance issues, foreclosure actions and real estate development. Since 1995, he was a member of the Indiana Real Estate Commission, servicing 13 years, two as its Chairman. He is also a member of the USFN, MBA, GIMBA, ILTA and ALTA.
Education: B.A. in English from Indiana University in 1973, and law degree, cum laude, from the Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis in 1983.
Law School Honors: Mr. Doyle was a member of the Dean’s list, a member of the Moot Court Society and Order of Barristers. He was a member of and principal brief writer for the Jessup International Law Moot Court competition in 1982. He was an oralist and brief writer for the New York Bar Association Moot Court competition in 1983. He was an officer of the Moot Court Board and the 1983 coach of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team. During law school, he completed an internship with the Small Business Administration. He received the Charles R. Oehrle award for outstanding student in insurance law. He received the Allen Smith Company prize for outstanding student entering private practice.
Other designations: Member of the legal fraternity, Phi Delta Phi, and the social fraternity, Phi Kappa Theta (Alpha Alpha chapter). While employed as a property/casualty underwriter from 1976 to 1980, he acquired the designations of the Insurance Institute of America, and the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter Association.
Board affiliations – private: Mr. Doyle was a member of the Board of the Indiana Lumbermen’s Mutual Insurance Company for 15 years.
Board affiliations – charitable: Mr. Doyle is a past board member (12 years) of the St. Thomas More Society as well as the Board of Providence Cristo Rey High School.
Board affiliations – governmental: Mr. Doyle was appointed a member of the Indiana Real Estate Commission in 1995, and served continuously for 13 years. He served as chairman of the Indiana Real Estate Commission in 2000 and 2001.
Legal associations: Member of the Indiana State Bar Association and Indianapolis Bar Association since 1983. Member of the Litigation Section, Bankruptcy Section and Real Estate Sections of the Indianapolis Bar Association. A former standing member of the Indianapolis Bar Association Legal Ethics Committee. Admitted to practice in the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana, the Eastern District of Illinois, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Publications: Current Real Estate Title Problems; Tax Sales in Indiana; Mortgage and Mechanic’s Lien Foreclosure Actions; Mastering Real Estate Titles and Title Insurance; and Residential Real Estate Issues.
Recent Representative cases:
- Indiana Supreme Court – Washington Mutual Bank d/b/a Money Store Investment Corp. v. Neal A. Summers, Case No. 02A02-0404-cv-00170, Oral Argument, October 20, 2005
- Indiana Supreme Court – Bank of New York v. Stephen H. Nally, Case No. 29S02-0405-CV-214, Oral Argument, May 20, 2004
- Indiana Court of Appeals – George F. Kopetsky v. Marjorie J. Crews, et al., Case No. 55A05-0502-CV-59, Opinion for Publication, December 13, 2005
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Counsel for Indiana Land Title Association as Amicus Curiae, Motion to Appear and Brief, Deutsche Bank National Trust Company vs. Mark Dill Plumbing Company, Case No. 87A01-0807-CV-307, April 24, 2009
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Thomas A. Neu, Elizabeth A. Neu, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Brett Gibson et al., Case No 49S02-0910-CV-442, Opinion for Publication, June 1, 2010